Nowadays, skincare with fermented ingredients are quite happening in Korea. The fermentation process supposedly renders active ingredients in skincare products to be more absorbable. In addition to easier and quicker absorption, fermentation also works to increase the nutrient density, making the product's natural ingredient to be more powerful. Fermentation process also reduces the chance of skin irritation and making the product more suitable for sensitive skin. (taken from here & here)
Benton Cosmetics, of course joined the hype, have their Fermentation Line that consisted of Essence, Eye Cream, and the latest addition, Mask Pack.
Benton Fermentation Mask Pack is a premium boosting mask that contains 3 high-grade fermentation ingredients,
- Galactomyces Ferment Filtrate, a natural yeast extracted from fermented rice which is rich in minerals such as vitamin and amino acid to make dull skin tone to appear more clear and bright. It's excellent for moisturizing, elasticity, and oil & moisture balance.
- Bifida Ferment Lysate, is obtained by culturing bacteria of yogurt which is nourishes and moisturizes rough and weak skin caused by unhealthy environments. It is also could help boost skin's immunity by supplying oxygen, abudant proteins, vitamins, and minerals.
- Lactobacillus/Collage Ferment Filtrate, is Collagen that fermented and filtered together with Lactobacillus that makes the particle size smaller and easier for skin to absorb. It help skin to have elasticity.
The key ingredients provide intensive elasticity and nutrition. They're also comes with wrinkle care function, so Benton Fermentation Mask Pack is excellent for those who are looking for Anti Aging Treatment. I was given the product by Benton for review purposes, so here's my thoughts on Benton Fermentation Mask Pack.
Benton Fermentation Mask Pack Review
It comes with a black medium-sized box that keeps 5 pieces of sheet mask inside. You can find the product information on the back side, but unfortunately for international users, it's all written in Korean except the ingredient list.
The design of the box is no doubt Benton's style, clean, simple, and effortless.
Benton Fermentation Mask Pack ingredient list - Galactomyces Ferment Filtrate, Water, Lactobacillus/Collagen Ferment Filtrate, Glycerin, Propanediol, Pentylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Bifida Ferment Lysate, 1-2-Hexanediol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ceramide NP, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Althaea Rosea Root Extract, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Cooper Tripeptide-1, Betaine, Panthenol, Usnea Barbata (Lichen) Extract, Zanthoxylum Piperitum Fruit Extract, Pulsatilla Koreana Extract, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Adenosine, Carbomer, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Arginine.
Based on Skincarisma Ingredient Analyzer, the ingredients within Benton Fermentation Mask Pack has very good low risk EWG rating. They also excluded ingredients like Paraben, Artificial Fragrance, Artificial Coloring, PEGs, and any other high risk ingredients. This product is suitable for all skin type, including dry skin like mine because there's some ingredients that powerfully moisturizing like Panthenol, Butylene Glycol, and Sodium Hyaluronate.
Like usual sheet mask, it comes in a single pack of mask. The packaging is stylish black, matte-textured. Did i mention black is the color image of Benton's Fermentation Line?
You can find the cruelty-free logo on the back side of the packaging.
Talking about the sheet, for me it's a little too big for my very small face. To be honest it's really hard for me to find a sheet mask that fits me perfectly because the size of my face.
Benton claims that they use eco-friendly sheet derived from cotton and celullose. They adheres smoothly and gently along the skin texture, instantly delivers moisture and nutrition to the skin. Unfortunately due to my face's size, i couldn't fit the sheet perfectly as you can see in the pictures above.
I found lots of Korean brand sheet mask has so many essence in the pouch. So many that you could use the rest for your body. But Benton Fermentation Mask Pack is different!
Don't worry about that, because due to excellent impregnation of the sheet, it leaves not much essence in the pouch and sheet is moist even after recommended usage time (it takes about 10 to 20 minutes). Prepare your face with toner first before using Benton Fermentation Mask Pack to maximize the effect.
After 15 minutes of application, i find my skin feels a little bit sticky for a while. It's a little uncomfortable especially if the weather is hot. After the stickiness are gone, my skin feels firm and slightly supple. I could say the moisture is somewhat long lasting, though. I believe with continued use of this products could do more to my tired and dull skin.
Here's some other tips on using Benton Fermentation Mask Pack:
- Keep your mask on the fridge - to give cooling sensation, pore shrinkage effect, and refreshing feeling.
- Shake your mask before use if you keep it upright - the solution might gathered at the bottom of the pack, shake it to make the sheet soaked perfectly with the solution.
- Use steam towel first - to open up pores so the essence will seeps in perfectly.
- Do not exceed the fixed time (20 minutes) - if the sheet dries, it will take the moisture from your skin.
- Use cream after application - to lock moisture on your skin.
Overall, Benton Fermentation Mask Pack is the right choice for you who wants simple and practical anti-aging treatment with natural ingredients. I strongly recommended this for those with aging skin and dry skin. Follow treatments with Benton Fermented Essence and Benton Fermented Eye Cream for greater effect on the skin.
I love the design of this product and how they picture they brand is natural, eco-friendly, and 'green' beauty. Have you tried any Benton products? Please share in the comment section below!
Get to know more about Benton Cosmetics
Where to Buy? Benton Website
This is a sponsored post. Benton send me the product to test and review and what i wrote is my honest review based on my personal experience